Midland College offers an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree and certificates in Health Information Management. The associate degree is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Students completing the AAS are eligible to sit for the Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) national certification. All specialty courses (HITT) are offered solely online.
- Medical Coding Specialist - prepares students to take the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification exam through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). This is a Level I certificate. Texas Success Initiative (TSI) completion is not required.
- Health Data Coordinator - prepares students for entry level positions managing insurance, reauthorizations, scheduling, and office positions in hospitals and clinics. This is a Level I certificate. Texas Success Initiative (TSI) completion is not required.
Admission Requirements - AAS
In order to be fully admitted into the AAS program students must:
- Submit a Health Information Management application packet.
- Complete TSI requirements.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a “C” or better:
- HITT 1205, Medical Terminology I
- BCIS 1305, Business Computer Applications
- BIOL 2404, Human Anatomy and Physiology
Learn more about Health Information Management.
To speak with an advisor, contact:
Student Support Specialist, Health Information Management Program
Get Started at MC provides information for new and returning students about how to apply and enroll.