Midland College offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in Emergency Medical Services and a certificate in Paramedic. Midland College also offers individual courses (EMSP 1501 and EMSP 1160 ) preparing students to write the National Registry exam for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
The Midland College Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
To contact CAAHEP:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33756
To contact CoAEMSP:
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
FAX - 214-703-8992
The Emergency Medical Services program has a limited enrollment based on specific admission criteria. The admission criteria are as follows:
- Completed Health Sciences Division Application for admission (available from Division Office, Karen Harris, 432-685-4799, firstname.lastname@example.org and Department Chair, Mark Kuhn, 432-685-6757, email@example.com).
- Paramedic Certificate program requires Texas Success Initiative (TSI) completion. Applicants must be currently certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- Immunizations including three doses of the hepatitis B vaccine, two doses of mumps- measles- rubella (MMR) vaccine, current tetanus- diphtheria- pertussis (Tdap) vaccine, and varicella (chicken pox) disease verification or vaccine. Clinical agencies require screening for tuberculosis and the current influenza vaccine each year. All immunizations must be complete prior to the first day of class.
- Criminal background check.
- Urine drug screen.
- Interview with and enrollment permission from Department Chair
Learn more about Emergency Medical Services
Health Sciences Division Secretary
Department Chair, Fire Science Technology and Emergency Medical Services
Get Started at MC provides information for new and returning students about how to apply and enroll.