Midland College offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in Sonography. This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
The Midland College Sonography program has a limited enrollment based on specific admission criteria. The admission criteria are as follows:
- Complete a Health Sciences Division Application for Admission (available from the Division Office and Program Chair).
- Successfully complete all areas of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) by testing or exemption.
- Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills for Nursing Exam, version V (TEAS V) and score at a minimum preparedness level of Proficient.
- Provide documentation of patient care training.
- Complete a clinical site visit.
- Complete the following courses with a minimum grade of "C" or above:
- Complete immunizations including three doses of hepatitis B, two doses of mumps-measles-rubella (MMR), current tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap), and varicella (chicken pox) disease verification or vaccine must be complete in order for the application to be considered for admission. Clinical agencies require students to have the current influenza vaccine each year.
- Earn additional admission points by completing the following courses with a grade of "C" or above:
For information regarding the admission criteria, contact the Health Sciences Division Office (432/685-4601), Program Chair (432/685-5572) or Division Advisor, Health Sciences. Each prospective student will be advised by sonography program faculty as scheduled through the Health Sciences office. Health insurance is required. Students must be certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Accepted students must take all sonography courses in sequential order and must pass all required courses with a minimum grade of "C".
Learn more about Sonography
Health Sciences Clerk
Program Chair Sonography
Get Started at MC provides information for new and returning students about how to apply and enroll.