May 29, 2024  
2018-2019 Midland College Catalog & Student Handbook 
2018-2019 Midland College Catalog & Student Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Types of Aid Book Vouchers and Disbursements
Students Attending or Transferring from Other schools Census Date
     Transfer Students Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Assistance
     Transient Students Lifetime Pell Eligibility

All Midland College policies may be found here. Please note, the Midland College Policy Manual is hosted on an external server.

The primary purpose of the campus Financial Aid Services Office is to provide financial assistance in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and employment opportunities to qualified students who, without such assistance, would be unable to attend college.

The financial aid office administers and/or processes various types of financial aid programs including grants, loans, exemptions, outside billing, veteran benefits, and scholarships to assist students with the costs associated with obtaining a degree or certificate.

Midland College prohibits discrimination, including harassment, against any student on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, or disability.

Types of Aid

Midland College offers a variety of aid to assist students and their families in paying for the costs associated with obtaining a college education.  To learn more about these programs, requirements, steps to apply and accept, and important dates visit the following pages:


The U.S. Department of Education frequently changes regulations pertaining to financial aid and disbursement.  Due to these changes, updates are made during and between award years.  Please check your My MC Portal and the Midland College Financial Aid and Scholarship pages often for updates and changes.


Students Attending or Transferring from Other Colleges or Universities

Transfer Student

The financial aid office is required to monitor transfer students between the fall and spring semesters. Transfer students must submit transcripts from all institutions previously attended.  If the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) shows that a student is still enrolled at another institution, the financial aid office may require a letter from that college verifying that the student has withdrawn.  Once all the required documentation has been received, transfer students are placed on a transfer monitoring list for seven days before a financial aid award can be made.  Students should cancel any pending aid disbursements at their previous schools to ensure an accurate award at Midland College.

Transient Student

Transient students are enrolled in another college or university while attending Midland College.  Transient students are not eligible for grants, loans, or work-study.

Census Date

Census Dates are the days that MC will take a snapshot of your enrollment for the term.  Enrollment on the Census Dates can affect your financial aid.  For more information, visit the financial aid website.

Book Voucher and Disbursements

After tuition, fees, room and board (if applicable) are paid, excess financial aid funds can sometimes be granted to the student for the purchase of books and/or supplies or disbursed to students for other college related expenses.  For information on these excess funds, please visit the financial aid website.

Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Assistance

In order to maintain eligibility for federal, state and some forms of institutional financial aid, students must meet certain minimum standards. The student’s academic record at Midland College is used to measure satisfactory progress.  All periods of enrollment at MC must be counted, including any semesters in which the student did not receive financial aid. There are three standards for satisfactory academic progress: successful completion of courses (quantitative), cumulative Grade Point Average (qualitative) and time frame.

For more information on how to keep your aid, visit the financial aid website.

For a copy of the written procedures, contact the Financial Aid Office.

Pell Lifetime Eligibility

The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you may receive over your lifetime is limited by federal law.  For more information, visit the financial aid office.